Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Daft Punk Vrs. Michael Jackson? Six Minutes of Joy!

I'm comfortably under the covers of my girlfriend's bed, finding new ways to put off writing while she readies a playlist for an upcoming trip.  Her actions are generating wonderful quotes and rocking tunes as she discovers strange song titles and my subsequent reactions to the titles.  Such as the title of this posting.  Song Title: Daft Punk Vrs. Michael Jackson.  My Reaction: Six Minutes of Joy!

We played a few minutes of it.  It was, well, not six minutes of joy.  But hopefully what she is putting together for the trip will produce joy across all the tracks.  This Friday we are travelling to Seattle to spend two nights and view the Seattle Art Museum display of Picasso artwork.


The display has more than 150 pieces of his work, so if I spend a minute looking at each piece, it will take two and a half hours to view them all.  I have a feeling I will be mentally tired by the end.  Art is somehow draining, both to make and to view.

Thinking of art, Amanda has to paint a four by six foot painting by the end of the term for one of her classes.  I look forward to the result, which is a little less than three months away.  As for myself, I am taking it easy and only taking one class.  Financial Accounting.  Which may or may not be fun.  I have yet to open up the textbook, which worries me as it is the second day of the term.  But there is a very valid reason for it!  I am trying to find out from the professor if I can use the old edition, instead of the new 2010 version.  It's a matter of paying $60 or $160.  A large difference, that this poor college student can't really afford.

But I am working hard to get any money that I can.  School and work are back in full swing, with me finding myself in a new position and working 34 hours a week.  It's keeping me busy, and only modestly stressed.  But I can always find ways of relaxing.  Such as going to see Tron in 3D.  Which I have done.  For now, I am off to find another way to relax even more.  Perhaps through a nap, since I am comfortable under some blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment