Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Christmas Aftermath

Christmas came and went, leaving behind debris of half eaten food and brightly colored wrapping paper.  Myself and my girlfriend took part in two Christmas celebrations.  I drove out to her house and spent the morning with her family going though my stocking, scratching lottery tickets (I won nine dollars) and cleaning up their house.  After, Amanda and I drove back into town to open presents with my family.

And now, for the stuff I got!

A Geoffrey Beene Sateen dress shirt, vibrant red and wonderfully smooth.  I love it.
A Van Heusen chocolate brown dress shirt with thin black pinstripes.  Ditto the above love.
Two pairs of super hero socks by Sock it to Me.


A box of Lemon Ginger tea.
The graphic novel "Blankets".  It's got wonderful artwork and a moving story.


All of the above came from my wonderful sweetheart, Amanda.  She spoiled me.

I also got a new pillow!  It's so soft!
A bracelet.
Homemade strawberry jam, made by my sister.
A container of Chai.  It's a wonderful blend of spices that provide a delicious taste.
Candied ginger.
And of course, lots and lots and lots of sweets.

It was such a wonderful Christmas, I got all useful stuff, either clothing or food.  And the final gift that I have yet to receive shocked me when I was told about it.  Amanda's father is going to buy me two new tires for my car.  Which I need.  My rear tires are nearly bald.  I'm going to have to do something special to thank him for being so generous.

Not only was this a year for great presents, it was also a year for great decorations.  Our tree looked wonderful.


Thinking of decorations, my sister does extravagant wrapping jobs on her presents.  For your viewing pleasure I have two images of her wrapping projects.



Isn't the above one with the bubble wrap cute?  My sister is a wonderfully creative gal.

Well, that's the short and sweet of my Christmas.  I hope your Christmas was a great one, spent with good family and good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment